Kim Gavin is a British choreographer and former ballet dancer. He was the creative director of the 2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony.
Kim Gavin trained at the Royal Ballet School. He then did a term at the Arts Educational School at 17 before getting a job as part of the Original cast of cats. He the followed a career as a dancer on television and in the theatre.In 1997 Gavin directed and choreographed the musical Oh! What A Night.In 2002 he choreographed the West End musical 125th Street.
He is currently artistic Director for Take That, coming up with the circus concept etc.He choreographed the Concert for Diana at Wembley Stadium in 2007 and the Help for Heroes concert at Twickenham Stadium in 2010.
He was artistic director on Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway. At the start of 2015, Kim worked with Ant & Dec, as Creative Director for the opening of The Brit Awards. He has also continued his longstanding relationship with Take That, as Artistic Director for their UK and European tours. In September 2015, Kim was Creative Director for the Opening Ceremony of the Rugby World Cup, setting the tone for what was to be a ground- breaking tournament.
In 2017, Kim was Show Producer for Take That’s first ever ‘in-the-round’ tour. Kim was director of The Band musical that made its worldwide debut in September 2017.
November 2018, marked the opening of the Holiday on Ice 75th Anniversary show, directed by Kim. This breathtaking show is set to tour Europe until 2020.
This ‘EVENTBRITE’ button will take you where you need to go!
1) Click on the ‘Eventbrite‘ button above. (It will open in a new page)
2) Read the information on the event to learn more.
3) Click on the ‘Register’ button.
4) Select 1 Admission ticket (1 per device, not 1 per person) and click ‘checkout’.
5) Complete your name and email address, and click ‘Place Order’.
6) On completion, you’ll get a confirmation email and e-ticket for the event.
7) Eventbrite will also send you a reminder close to the event start and you can join up to 5 mins before.
8) To enter the chat, just click on the link in your Eventbrite email and log in with your email address.
If you would like to submit any questions for our guest which you would like considered, please fill in the form provided below. PLEASE COULD YOU SUBMIT THESE AT LEAST 24hrs BEFORE THE EVENT SO THEY CAN BE SENT ON.
Alternatively, while mics will be muted during the interview, you can ask questions by using Zoom’s chat feature and Julian will endeavour to cover as many as he can towards the end of the evening.